You never know when the health inspector will come calling. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead, and know what they look for. Make it a point to follow these helpful 10 reminders to keep your foodservice facility safe every day.
HEALTH INSPECTION REQUIREMENT
- Food MUST BE cooled by an approved method whereby the internal product temperature is reduced from 135° to 70° F (57° to 21° C) or less within 2 hours and from 70° to 41° F (21° to 5° C) or less within four additional hours.
- Food MUST BE protected from potential sources of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
- Food contact surfaces MUST BE washed, rinsed or sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
- Accurate thermometers and test kits MUST BE provided to measure sanitizing solution to ensure proper sanitation at the appropriate level.
- Protective apparel MUST BE worn. Outer jacket should protect your staff while providing comfort and style.
- Both soap and hand drying devices MUST BE provided at all hand washing stations.
- Food MUST BE properly stored, covered and labeled in accordance with HACCP plan with proper date marking and disposition.
- Cold foods MUST BE held in proper temperatures.
- Ice container MUST BE protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation or service.
- Hands and arms MUST BE protected to prevent cuts and burns that could lead to the potential spread of transmissible diseases.