what does this mean for you?
• Increased Efficiency - New motors have been designed to help reduce energy consumption and save you money!
• Finding Your New Motor is Simple - When you replace your existing, pre-legislation motor, you will be purchasing a different SKU. The new SKU will be listed under “Alternatives” when you search for your pre-legislation motor on Grainger.com®.
• Limited Supply of Pre-Legislation Motors - After March 2015, pre-legislation motors will no longer be produced, so supply will be limited after this time.
Benefits of new Motors
• The more efficient, cooler-running motor along with the Class H wire, Class F insulation material and Class F lead wires helps provide a longer-lasting motor.
• Increased winding size provides a cooler running motor, improves efficiency, extends bearing life and reduces motor insulation degradation.
• High-grade electrical steel reduces energy losses and improves efficiency.
• Run capacitor provides winding with increased energy to help improve efficiency.
• Tighter machining tolerance between the stator rotor reduces magnetic flux losses.
• Lower-resistance rotors with a special slot design and higher-grade aluminum bars help improve performance and efficiency.
• Some motors may be longer and include an additional capacitor (cap start/cap run) to increase efficiency.