CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Dayton Motor Search” Contest (“Contest”) is open to Grainger customers and businesses/government agencies that are eligible for a Grainger account (each an “Eligible Business”). The person entering on behalf of an Eligible Business must be 18 years of age or older. W.W. Grainger, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its subsidiary companies, affiliated companies and advertising and promotional agencies (the “Promotion Parties”) are not eligible. If entering a trade promotion or acceptance of a prize is a violation of your company’s policies, do not enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Take two photos or a video of your oldest working Dayton motor and share your story about why you rely on/what you love about your Dayton motor (“Entry”). If you choose to submit photos of the motor, you must submit two photos; one photo must include a close up shot of the nameplate (all of the information on the nameplate must be legible in the photo) and the other photo must show the motor “in action.” If you choose to submit a video of the motor, the video must include a close up shot of the nameplate (and all of the information on the nameplate must be legible in the video) and also show the motor “in action.” Entries that do not include both a close up shot of the nameplate and a shot of the motor in action will be disqualified.
There are three ways to enter:
By Mail: mail your photos (no larger than 5" x 8") or video (on a CD or DVD) along with a piece of paper on which you have printed your full name, the name of your business and your industry, your email address, your daytime or wireless phone number, the motor model number, the Mfg. #/Motor Ref. #/Serial # and your story about why you rely on/what you love about your Dayton motor to: C/O Dayton Motor Search, W.W. Grainger, Inc., 100 Grainger Parkway, Lake Forest, IL 60045-5201. You will not receive your photos or CD/DVD back.
Via the Grainger page on Facebook: Go online to the Grainger page on Facebook.com (facebook.com/grainger) and click on the link to the “Dayton Motors Search Contest” page tab to access the Contest application. You will be required to “like” the Grainger page on Facebook to access the Contest application. After accessing the Contest application, follow the directions to upload your photos or video from your computer, then complete the online entry form and submit your Entry.
By email: Email your photos or video with your full name, the name of your business and your industry, your email address, and your daytime or wireless phone number, the motor model number, the Mfg. #/Motor Ref. #/Serial # and your story about why you rely on/what you love about your Dayton motor to DaytonMotorSearch@grainger.com.
Digital photo files must be no more than 3 MB each and be in one of the following formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif.
Digital video files must be no more than 50 MB and be in one of the following formats: .mov, .mp4, .flv, or .wmv.
Entries may be submitted starting on February 15, 2013 and entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT on April 15, 2013. There is a limit of one entry per person. Grainger is not responsible for technical problems that may cause entries not to be received for any reason. Entries must be the original work of the entrant; may not have been published previously except by the entrant; must not infringe third-party rights; and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent). Story must be written in English. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the Entry, including the photos, video and/or accompanying story/description in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without additional consideration to you.
3. WINNER DETERMINATION: The person who submits a photo or video of the oldest working Dayton motor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be declared the winner of the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the age of the motor and that the motor is still working, and may do so in person.
4. PRIZE: A Dayton motor to replace the motor featured in the Entry (up to a maximum value of $3,000) and a $1,000 credit to the winner’s Grainger account; maximum approximate retail value of the prize: $4,000. The actual value of the prize will depend on the retail value of the replacement motor that is selected to replace the motor featured in the Entry. The replacement motor will be selected by Grainger in its sole discretion. If winning business/agency is not a current customer, the winning business/agency will need to establish a Grainger account in order to receive the $1,000 credit. All applicable taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by e-mail,
phone or mail and may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and Assignment of Rights to the Entry.
6. GENERAL: By entering, you agree: (a) to be bound by the Official Rules; (b) that the decision of the Sponsor is final on all matters relating to the promotion; and (c) to release Sponsor and its agents and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage arising out of participation in this promotion or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any prize. Submission of an Entry and, with respect to the winner, acceptance of the prize, grants Sponsor the right to use entrant’s/winner’s name and likeness in any and all media for advertising and promotional purposes. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate entry information or for any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest should fraud, technical issues or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest.
7. DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to conflicts of law doctrine. Entrants consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in Cook County, Illinois for the resolution of any such issues or questions, and agree that all such disputes shall be heard in the federal and state courts in Cook County, Illinois.
SPONSOR: W.W. Grainger, Inc., 100 Grainger Parkway, Lake Forest, IL 60045
©2013 W.W. Grainger, Inc. All rights reserved.