Hurricane season is June through November in the U.S. The winds from these storms can exceed 155 mph and the tornadoes, microbursts and storm surges associated with hurricanes often add to the devastation.
Download this checklist to make sure you have the products and resources that can help keep people and property safe in a flooding emergency.
We're in Your Neighborhood - Our network of branches across the U.S. can give you immediate access to what you need to help handle disruptions in your operations. Find your local branch at grainger.com/branches
Products For Prepare
Two Way Radios
Flood Barrier Systems
Fuel & Gas Cans
Generator Transfer Switches
Portable & Inverter Generators
Cots & Beds
Products For Respond and Recover
Disinfectants & Sanitizers
Mold Killers & Mildew Removers
Cooling Fans & Air Circulators
Portable Engine Driven Pumps
Suction & Discharge Hoses
Temporary Job Site Lights
Hip Boots & Waders
Insecticides & Repellents
Lifejackets & Personal Flotation Devices
TIPS TO PREPARE
- Do not enter the facility if you smell gas or if flood water still surrounds the building.
- Have a battery- or crank-operated radio handy for emergency-related updates.
- Avoid floodwater to prevent injury or illness.
- To prevent mold growth, dry out buildings and their contents and restore utilities as soon as possible.
- To prevent illness, disinfect everything that became wet.
- To protect yourself from hazardous materials during clean-up, wear protective clothing.
HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS SAFETY TIPS
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HURRICANE SAFETY
AMERICAN RED CROSS HURRICANE SAFETY
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS CAPABILITIES GUIDE