American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
Purchase with Your Economic Stimulus Funds
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), passed in February 2009, provides billions of dollars to fund projects and incentives to assist the nation's economic recovery plan. Stimulus Funds were allocated to support infrastructure projects, renewable energy incentives and projects, educational opportunities, affordable healthcare and tax relief.
Take advantage of the many opportunities offered in the economic stimulus package by leveraging our strong inventory position and experience with processing ARRA Stimulus orders. To help you comply and select appropriate items for ARRA orders, we display Country of Origin (COO) for our products.
Buy American with Stimulus Funds
- Learn about reporting responsibilities for recipients related to sub-awards and vendor payments. View the online reporting guidance issued by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Federal Reporting (FR).
- Choose from more than 188,000 "Made in America" products.
- Country of Origin is available on Grainger.com so you can make informed buying decisions.
How to Order with Stimulus Funds
- Call 1-800-Grainger. When you order, please notify us that you are using Stimulus Funds. This allows us to track Stimulus orders and provide information you may need to comply with transparency and reporting requirements. Remember to inform us that you are placing an ARRA Stimulus order at the time of purchase for it to be properly flagged.
- Order online on Grainger.com. Indicate that you are paying with ARRA Stimulus Funds and the order(s) will feed into your Stimulus spend report.
ARRA Reporting Requirements
In order to comply with ARRA reporting requirements, you may need the following information about Grainger:
Primary Performance Location
100 Grainger Pkwy
Names and Total Compensation of Grainger's five most highly compensated officers:
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Company Search.
Ticker Symbol: GWW
Grainger Industries: Grainger NAICS Codes (PDF)
Green Initiatives and ARRA
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides funding for a variety of green projects and programs. Take advantage of Stimulus opportunities with products that help organizations operate greener facilities. View our Green Resource Center.
- Don't think you're eligible for the Stimulus Bill? You may be surprised. Check out tax incentives that can help you reduce energy consumption.
Safety and ARRA
- OSHA will be conducting careful inspections of ARRA-related projects. Check out the Safety Resource Center to make sure you are ready.
- "OSHA will implement a multi-tiered enforcement program to assure worker protection on ARRA-related projects. Through the development and implementation of emphasis programs, OSHA will direct enforcement efforts to stimulus package-related construction, infrastructure, and green energy projects, as well as to industries in manufacturing that support those projects."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are you providing me with Country of Origin information?
The Country of Origin information helps you comply with the unique "Buy American" requirements in Section 1605 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and FAR Subpart 25.6.
- How do "Buy American" and the Trade Agreement Acts fit into the ARRA reporting requirements?
Both the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) regulations and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) have requirements related to "Buy American". For more information, visit www.recovery.gov.
- Do I need to report how I spend ARRA Funds?
The OMB and FAR have issued reporting guidances that can be found online. Refer to the OMB guidance from June 22, 2009. (PDF)
- Why is Grainger helping customers track orders purchased with ARRA Stimulus Funds?
In order for Grainger to comply with the ARRA reporting requirements and help you be compliant, Grainger needs to know which orders are using Stimulus Funds so we can both meet the reporting requirements. Grainger provides you with the information you may need to meet your ARRA reporting requirements once an order is identified as ARRA. Similarly, Grainger provides you Country of Origin information to help you determine which products meet the needs of your specific ARRA projects.
Place Your Order Using Stimulus Funds Today!
Call 1-800-GRAINGER or place your order on Grainger.com.