Using 360° Viewing:
- Rotate: Use top-to-bottom, side-to-side by use of mouse arrow.
- Zoom In: Double click on image.
- Zoom Out/Reset: Put photo at full zoom & then double click.
- ItemSurge Protection Device
- Location Type2
- Nominal Discharge Current10kA
- WireUL 1015 Copper Stranded
- Max. Surge Current Per Phase100kA
- Max. Surge Current Per Mode50kA
- Max. Continuing Operating Voltage150
- Voltage Protection Rating600 L-N, 1200 L-L
- Short Circuit Current Rating10kA
- Modes of ProtectionL-G, L-L
- Mounting Style1/2 Inch Knockout
- Material of ConstructionThermoplastic
- Enclosure TypeNEMA 4X
- Wire Gauge#12 AWG
- Protection ClassType 2
- StandardsUL Listed, CUL
- IncludesMounting Hardware
Compliance and Restrictions
Alternate Search Terms
- Surge Protectors (847)
- Electrical Surge Protectors (843)
- TVSS (Transient Voltage Surge Suppressors) (496)
- TVSS (Transient Voltage) Surge Protectors/Suppressors (496)
- Surge Arrestors (492)
- Electrical Surge (431)
- Hard-Wired Surge Protectors/Suppressors (431)
- Power Surge Protectors (431)
- SPD (Surge Protection Devices) (431)
- Surge Protection (431)
Grainger is neither responsible for, nor does it endorse, the content of any product review or statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger. The statements posted by Grainger employees with the Grainger employee badge represent the views of such employees and are not the statements of Grainger. Grainger makes no representations as to the appropriateness, accuracy, completeness, correctness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any product review or statements posted, including those posted by employees with the Grainger employee badge, and is not liable for any losses, injuries or damages which may result from any such product review or statements. Use of any linked web site provided in a product review or post is at the user's own risk.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
"The joules rating is 420 for the 5TDG2". This surge protector is designed to protect A/C equipment only, not a main panel.
Thank you for using Grainger Ask and Answer.
The source for the answers given by Grainger in Ask and Answer are based on the information provided with the question, which may not be complete or may not apply to other situations, and based on product literature and informational materials, the content of which is provided by Grainger’s product suppliers. Grainger disclaims liability for any information it provides in Ask and Answer which later may be alleged or determined by a court of law to be inaccurate or incorrect. The answers given by Grainger in Ask and Answer are not intended to replace or supplement any professional, engineering or other consultation services available to its product users. Always read, understand, and follow the product information and instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Thank you for using Grainger Ask & Answer
Grainger is neither responsible for, not does it endorse, the content of any statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger.