Using 360° Viewing:
- Rotate: Use top-to-bottom, side-to-side by use of mouse arrow.
- Zoom In: Double click on image.
- Zoom Out/Reset: Put photo at full zoom & then double click.
Chemical Neutralizer, Acids, 40 lb.
- Item # 3CNX6
- Mfr. Model # 440040
- UNSPSC # 47131905
- Catalog Page # 2517
- Shipping Weight 41.7 lbs.
- ItemAcid Neutralizer
- NeutralizesAcids (Not for Hydrofluoric Acid or Hydrazine)
- Container Size40 lb.
- Container TypeBag In Box
- IncludesColor Change Indicator when Neutralized
Compliance and Restrictions
Alternate Search Terms
Grainger is neither responsible for, nor does it endorse, the content of any product review or statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger. The statements posted by Grainger employees with the Grainger employee badge represent the views of such employees and are not the statements of Grainger. Grainger makes no representations as to the appropriateness, accuracy, completeness, correctness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any product review or statements posted, including those posted by employees with the Grainger employee badge, and is not liable for any losses, injuries or damages which may result from any such product review or statements. Use of any linked web site provided in a product review or post is at the user's own risk.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
HOW TO USE KOLOR-SAFE® DRY ACID NEUTRALIZERS:
1. Evacuate employees from the spill area.
2. Wear personal protective equipment compatible with chemicals involved.
3. Ventilate the contaminated area.
4. Contain the spill with universal sorbent material.
5. Slowly sprinkle or pour the acid neutralizer on the spilled acid.
6. CAUTION: Some HEAT or GASSING OUT may be generated.
7. The color change indicator changes from LIGHT PURPLE to YELLOW during
neutralization. Color change must occur.
8. Apply dry acid neutralizer until the color change indicator first turns a purplish color
(Orangish-pink with Phosphoric acid). Do Not Over-Neutralize. NOTE: Very concentrated
solutions will yield solid precipitates before the color change.
9. Allow neutralized liquid to cool. Then soak up remaining neutralized liquid with sorbent
materials and place used sorbents into temporary disposal containers.
10. Wipe up residue with non-woven cloth material.
11. Dispose of all used articles (sorbents, neutralized liquid, etc.) according to local, state and
NOTE: Depending on the extent of the clean-up process, additional equipment may be
CAUTION: Do not use KOLORSAFE® Dry Acid Neutralizer on any solution containing (in
any form) hydrofluoric acid or hydrazine.
Thank you for using Grainger.com Ask & Answer.
Grainger is neither responsible for, not does it endorse, the content of any statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger.