Using 360° Viewing:
- Rotate: Use top-to-bottom, side-to-side by use of mouse arrow.
- Zoom In: Double click on image.
- Zoom Out/Reset: Put photo at full zoom & then double click.
3 HP, 9.1, 30 gal. Horizontal Splash Lubricated Tank Mounted Electric Air Compressor
- Item # 4B237
- Mfr. Model # 4B237
- UNSPSC # 40151601
- Catalog Page # 3634
- Shipping Weight 189.0 lbs.
- ItemElectric Air Compressor
- Compressor TypeTank Mounted
- Number of Stages1
- Lubrication TypeSplash Lubricated
- Max. Pressure135 psi
- Free Air CFM @ Max. Pressure9.1
- Tank Size30 gal.
- Tank TypeHorizontal
- Compressor Package TypeBase Model
- ASME TankYes
- (F)NPT Outlet1/4"
- dBA @ 3 Feet85
- Pump RPM1050
- Pump Oil Capacity8 oz.
- On Pressure Switch Setting100
- Off Pressure Switch Setting135
- Cylinder MaterialCast Iron
- FinishPowder Coated
- EnclosureNEMA 1
- ControlPressure Switch
- Motor TypeOpen Dripproof
- Overall Length40-5/8"
- Overall Width21-5/8"
- Overall Height38"
- StandardsASME, UL/CSA, California Code 462(L)(2), UL1450
- IncludesMotor Starter Not Included, Manual Drain Valve, Oil Sight Glass, Pressure Gauge, Pressure Safety Valve
Compliance and Restrictions
Alternate Search Terms
Grainger is neither responsible for, nor does it endorse, the content of any product review or statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger. The statements posted by Grainger employees with the Grainger employee badge represent the views of such employees and are not the statements of Grainger. Grainger makes no representations as to the appropriateness, accuracy, completeness, correctness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any product review or statements posted, including those posted by employees with the Grainger employee badge, and is not liable for any losses, injuries or damages which may result from any such product review or statements. Use of any linked web site provided in a product review or post is at the user's own risk.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Thank you for using Grainger Ask & Answer.
Also the electrician who is wiring this says it is a 3-phase motor which seems correct to me. But he says the pressure switch is single phase.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Yes this unit is 3 Phase and requires a motor starter, the electrician is correct the pressure switch is designed to operate the motor starter.
I hope this answers your question, thanks for using Grainger Ask & Answer!
Grainger is neither responsible for, not does it endorse, the content of any statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger.