Using 360° Viewing:
- Rotate: Use top-to-bottom, side-to-side by use of mouse arrow.
- Zoom In: Double click on image.
- Zoom Out/Reset: Put photo at full zoom & then double click.
- ItemAutomatic Standby Generator
- Engine Cooling MethodAir
- kW20 LP/18 NG
- kVA Rating18
- Enclosure MaterialComposite
- Fuel TypeNatural Gas/ LP
- Engine BrandKohler
- Engine Size999cc
- Engine RPM3600
- Amps @ 120/240V, 1 Phase75A
- NG Consumption @ Half Load161 cu. ft./hr.
- Sound Level dBA64
- Warranty5 yr.
- Automatic Volts RegulationYes
- Battery IncludedNo
- 12VDC Battery ChargerYes
- Battery Requirements465 CCA
- Engine (Block Heater)No
- Fault Indicator LightsYes
- Fuel NPT Pipe Connection Sz.1
- High Temp. AlarmYes
- Low Oil Pressure AlarmYes
- Min. Gas Pressure @ Generator (In WC)5 to 11 NG/7 to 11 LP
- Over Crank ProtectionYes
- Power Factor1
- Repeat of Exercise Cycle7 Days
- Run Time Hour MeterYes
- Main Circuit BreakerYes
- Over SpeedYes
- IncludesComposite Mounting Pad, Flexible Fuel Line Connector
- StandardsUL2200, CSA, CA2011
Compliance and Restrictions
This item has been restricted from sale in the following states: CA.
This item is restricted for international sale.
Alternate Search Terms
Grainger is neither responsible for, nor does it endorse, the content of any product review or statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger. The statements posted by Grainger employees with the Grainger employee badge represent the views of such employees and are not the statements of Grainger. Grainger makes no representations as to the appropriateness, accuracy, completeness, correctness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any product review or statements posted, including those posted by employees with the Grainger employee badge, and is not liable for any losses, injuries or damages which may result from any such product review or statements. Use of any linked web site provided in a product review or post is at the user's own risk.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
If the electricity and NG fail, then you would need to go to a backup LP tank until NG or elctricity is restored.
Automatic Standby Generator 20kW
To transfer to NG or LP for a 20RESA generator is as follows
1.7.1 Fuel Conversion, 14RESA/RESAL
Two fuel connections on the fuel block allow fieldconversion
between natural gas and LPG. The fuel
metering valves are factory-set and sealed to comply
with applicable emission standards and to provide the
best possible hot and cold starting.
Note: Do not adjust the factory-sealed fuel-metering
adjustments on the fuel block. Changing the fuelmetering
adjustmentsmay violate federal or state
Use the following procedure to convert from natural gas
(NG) to LPG. See Figure 1-8 for the fuel system
Procedure to convert from NG to LPG,
1. Press the OFF button on the generator set
2. Disconnect the power to the battery charger.
3. Disconnect the generator set engine starting
battery, negative (--) lead first.
4. Turn off the fuel supply.
5. Remove the hose clamp and fuel hose from the
hose fitting in the fuel block. See Figure 1-9.
6. Remove the hose fitting from the natural gas outlet
port in the fuel block. See Figure 1-9.
7. Remove the plug from the LP port in the fuel block.
See Figure 1-9.
8. Clean the plugwith a dry cloth or brush, apply fresh
pipe sealant, and install the plug into the natural
gas outlet port.
9. Clean the hose fitting with a dry cloth or brush,
apply fresh pipe sealant to the threads, and install
the fitting into the LP port.
Note: Do not adjust the fuel metering valves.
10. Slide the hose onto the hose fitting and secure it
with the clamp.
11. Disconnect digital spark-advance ignition (DSAI)
leads 65 and N3 for LPG. The DSAI leads are
located near the fuel solenoid valve.
12. Connect and turn on the new fuel supply.
13. Reconnect the generator set engine starting
battery leads, negative (--) lead last.
14. Reconnect power to the battery charger.
15. Start the generator set by pressing the RUN button
on the generator set controller.
16. Check for leaks using a gas leak detector.
17. Run the generator set and check the operation.
18. Press theOFF button to to shut down the generator
Conversion from LPG to Natural Gas
To convert from LPG to natural gas, follow the fuel
conversion procedure above, moving the hose fitting to
the natural gas port and plugging the LP port. Connect the DSAI leads for natural gas.
KOHLER Co. | Kohler Power Systems
Office: 920-451-4478 Option # 4 Fax: 920-459-1646
Find complete power solutions at: kohlerpower.com
Thank you for your inquiry and choosing the Bold Look of KOHLER.
Grainger is neither responsible for, not does it endorse, the content of any statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger.