Using 360° Viewing:
- Rotate: Use top-to-bottom, side-to-side by use of mouse arrow.
- Zoom In: Double click on image.
- Zoom Out/Reset: Put photo at full zoom & then double click.
Pump, Centrifugal, 1/2 HP, 1 Ph
- Item # 5UPW3
- Mfr. Model # 5UPW3
- UNSPSC # 40151503
- Catalog Page # 3717
- Shipping Weight 39.05 lbs.
- Item Centrifugal Pump
- Type Self-Priming
- HP 1/2
- Phase 1
- Voltage 115/208-230
- Amps 9.4/4.3-4.7
- Hz 60
- Inlet (In.) 2
- Outlet (In.) 1-1/2
- Suction Lift (Ft.) 25
- Length (In.) 18-5/8
- Width (In.) 6-9/16
- Height (In.) 11-13/16
- GPM @ 10 PSI 43
- GPM @ 15 PSI 41
- GPM @ 20 PSI 35
- GPM @ 25 PSI 30
- GPM @ 30 PSI 25
- GPM @ 35 PSI 19
- GPM @ 40 PSI 13
- Shut-Off (Ft.) 64
- Max. Pressure (PSI) 28
- Best Efficiency GPM @ Head (Ft.) 35 @ 46
- Best Efficiency Range GPM @ Head (Ft.) 19-35 GPM @ 46-80 FT
- Stages 1
- Motor Enclosure TEFC
- Motor Type Capacitor-Start, Capacitor-Run
- NEMA/IEC Frame 56J
- RPM 3450
- Service Factor 1.1
- Wetted Materials Thermoplastic, SS,Viton,Carbon,Ceramic
- Housing Material Thermoplastic
- Impeller Material Noryl
- Volute Material Thermoplastic
- Seal Type Viton Fitted Mechanical Shaft
- Seal Material Viton, Carbon, Ceramic, Stainless Steel
- Seal Application Water
- Shaft Material Stainless Steel
- Screw Material Stainless Steel
- GPM of Water @ 2 Ft. of Head 46
- Thermal Protection Automatic Reset
- Bearing Type Double Shielded Pre Lubricated Ball
- Max. Specific Gravity 1
- Max. Case Pressure (PSI) 80
- Max. Fluid Viscosity 31 SSU
- Inlet Pressure (PSI) 52
- Impeller Type Closed
- Duty Continuous
- Port Rotation 90 Degrees Increments
- Drain Plug Yes
- Agency Compliance Motor Only CSA
- Manufacturers Warranty Length 1 Year
- Features Stainless Steel Fasteners and Inserts
- For Use With Nonflammable Liquids Compatible with Pump Component Materials
- Application Water Transfer, Dewatering and Lawn Sprinkling for Residential and Commercial Uses
- Includes Manual
Compliance and Restrictions
Alternate Search Terms
Product Reviews Disclaimer:
Grainger is neither responsible for, nor does it endorse, the content of any product review or statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger. The statements posted by Grainger employees with the Grainger employee badge represent the views of such employees and are not the statements of Grainger. Grainger makes no representations as to the appropriateness, accuracy, completeness, correctness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any product review or statements posted, including those posted by employees with the Grainger employee badge, and is not liable for any losses, injuries or damages which may result from any such product review or statements. Use of any linked web site provided in a product review or post is at the user's own risk.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
No you cannot run this pump dry, you can run it out of water but you should shut it off as soon as you can.. This pump is a self primer, you have to fill it with water to start pumping. This water, will stay in the pump when it breaks suction. It will not protect the pump seal, if it is left running after it stops pumping.
I hope this answers your question, thanks for using Grainger Ask & Answer!
Grainger is neither responsible for, not does it endorse, the content of any statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger.