Using 360° Viewing:
- Rotate: Use top-to-bottom, side-to-side by use of mouse arrow.
- Zoom In: Double click on image.
- Zoom Out/Reset: Put photo at full zoom & then double click.
- ItemUltrasonic Leak Detector
- AC Frequency Response34 KHz to 42 KHz
- IncludesFolding Headphones and Instructions
Compliance and Restrictions
Alternate Search Terms
Grainger is neither responsible for, nor does it endorse, the content of any product review or statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger. The statements posted by Grainger employees with the Grainger employee badge represent the views of such employees and are not the statements of Grainger. Grainger makes no representations as to the appropriateness, accuracy, completeness, correctness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any product review or statements posted, including those posted by employees with the Grainger employee badge, and is not liable for any losses, injuries or damages which may result from any such product review or statements. Use of any linked web site provided in a product review or post is at the user's own risk.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Bacharach’s Tru Pointe® Ultra is a compact ultrasonic leak detector that uses patented technology to detect leaks in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. The Tru Pointe Ultra is the world’s first pocket-size electronic instrument that can simultaneously detect the vacuum and high pressure leaks that occur in HVAC/R systems. The Tru Pointe Ultra guides the user to a leak by quantifying the intensity of the ultrasound and converting it to a sound the user can hear easily through headphones.
Since the Tru Pointe® Ultra detects airborne ultrasound and is not a particular to gaschemistry it can detect all types of gases including nitrogen and refrigerants rushing in asystem under vacuum. An electronic conversion process called heterodyning translates this ultrasound into true audible sound that helps the user distinguish leaks through headphones.
Available with compact, folding headset (Tru Pointe® Ultra) or a high quality stereo headphones (Tru Pointe Ultra® HD), the Tru Pointe® Ultra leak detectors are indispensable tools that save time and money for every HVAC/R technician and contractor.
Features & Benefits
* Not affected by wind or the presence of other gases or high concentrations.
* Ten-segment LED Bar Graph shows signal strength.
* On-the-fly Sensitivity Adjustment aids in locating leaks quickly.
* True sound reproduction ensures fast recognition of leaks.
* Comes complete in a carrying case with folding headset or stereo headphones.
* Complete your kit with optional SoundBlaster® sound generator.
If you still have additional questions please call us at 1-800-Grainger and you can be connected with a Technical Product Support Specialist.
Grainger is neither responsible for, not does it endorse, the content of any statement posted. Any statements posted constitute the statements of the poster and are not the statements of Grainger.