Material Safety Data Sheets
Sign Up for Grainger eMail
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) are documents required for specific products by United States Federal Law 29 CFR 1910.1200. According to federal law, manufacturers and importers of chemical products must produce MSDS for each hazardous chemical they produce or import. This law also requires United States employers to have MSDS in the workplace for each chemical that they use. The MSDS explains the hazards associated with the product, as well as what precautions to take to avoid those hazards.
Two Easy Ways to get Material Safety Data Sheets
Grainger makes no warranties to those defined as consumers in the Magnuson-Moss
Warranty-Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act.
- Search for Material Safety Data Sheets with Grainger's MSDS Search Engine:
- Go to Grainger MSDS Search Engine and simply enter your Grainger item number, manufacturer, common name or manufacturer model number.
- Click on Find MSDS and the sheet will be displayed in a separate window.
- Find an MSDS on the Item Details Page:
- Select the product you need and go to Compliance and Restrictions section of the Item Details Page.
- Click on View MSDS and the MSDS will display in a separate window.
NOTE: Not all products have an MSDS. If Grainger states that the MSDS is available, but NOT online, you may call the Grainger Automated MSDS Request Line at 1-877-286-9860 to get the information you need.