Hurricane season is June through November in the U.S. The winds from these storms can exceed 155 mph and the tornadoes, microbursts and storm surges associated with hurricanes often add to the devastation. Do you have a hurricane response plan in place for your business? Find out how to prepare for, respond to and recover from a hurricane here.
• Store all your vital records offsite.
• Have essential emergency supplies available.
• Obtain additional plywood or other needed window protection.
• Prior to evacuation, turn off and unplug all electrical equipment.
• Check for gas leaks.
• Carefully check your electrical system.
• Let all electronic equipment dry before reconnecting.
• Avoid floodwater to prevent injury or illness.
• Restore utilities as soon as possible.
• To prevent illness, disinfect everything that became wet.
• Make your post-storm repairs and rebuilds with
preparedness in mind.
• To protect yourself from hazardous materials during clean-up,
wear protective clothing.