enabled in your browser.
Stimulus Tax Incentives
Tax Deductions for Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings
- $1.80 per square foot is available to owners or designers of new or existing commercial buildings that save at least 50% of the heating and cooling energy of a building that meets ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2001
- $0.60 per square foot for measures affecting the building envelope, lighting, or heating & cooling
- These tax deductions are available on systems placed in service Jan. 1, 2006, through Dec. 31, 2013.
Energy Tax Credits for Builders
- Eligible contractors must fill out IRS Form 8908
- A $2,000 tax credit for a new energy efficient home that achieves 50% energy savings for heating and cooling over the 2004 IECC
- At least 1/5 of the energy savings must come from building envelope improvements
- $1,000 tax credit to the producer of a new manufactured home achieving 30% energy savings for heating and cooling over the 2004 IECC
- At least 1/3 of the energy savings must come from building envelope improvements
- For more information on Federal tax credits for energy efficiency, visit Energy Star.
Energy Tax Credits for Consumers
- Home improvement tax credit for upgrade of existing heating and cooling equipment.
- For tax years 2009 and 2010, customers can receive a tax credit (tax credit is a dollar–for–dollar in income taxes) of 30% of the installation cost or up to $1500 for higher efficiency:
- air source heat pumps
- central air conditioners
- hot water heaters
- geothermal heat pumps
- solar panels
- solar water heater
- Must be placed into service in 2009 and 2010, except for geothermal heat pumps, solar water heaters, solar panels, fuel cells, and small wind energy systems which are not subject to this cap, and are in effect through 2016
- Must be taxpayer's principal residence
- Must have a Manufacturer Certification Statement to qualify
How to Order with Stimulus Funds:
Call 1-800-323-0620 to place ARRA-funded orders.
- Call 1-800-323-0620 to place orders with Stimulus funds. Please notify us when you order that you are using Economic Stimulus funds to ensure your order is properly tracked. This allows Grainger to easily track Stimulus orders and in turn helps provide you with information you may need to comply with transparency and reporting requirements. Remember you must inform Grainger that you are placing an ARRA order at the time of purchase for it to be properly flagged.
- You can now place Stimulus orders on Grainger.com! By electronically flagging your ARRA orders online they will feed into your Stimulus spend report. View to see how
- Need help finding products for your stimulus projects?
Go to Grainger Contractor Page