enabled in your browser.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
Using Your Economic Stimulus Funds to Purchase at Grainger
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), passed in February 2009, provides billions of dollars to fund projects and incentives to assist the nation's economic recovery plan and address unemployment and other challenges. Stimulus funds were allocated to support infrastructure projects, renewable energy incentives and projects, educational opportunities, affordable healthcare, and tax relief. The Act also includes compliance and ARRA reporting requirements associated with the use of the funds.
Take advantage of the many opportunities offered in the economic stimulus package by leveraging Grainger's strong inventory position, experience, and contracts. Ensure your compliance with relevant information, such as the Country of Origin (COO) of the products you select for ARRA orders.
Buy American with Stimulus Funds
- Grainger will provide Country of Origin information on products you identify as "ARRA" when you order to comply with the unique Buy American requirements of Section 1605 in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and FAR Subpart 25.6.
- Choose from more than 188,000 "Made in America" products.
- Country of Origin is available on Grainger.com providing you the information to make an informed buying decision. See where Country of Origin is displayed.
- View Recent Department of Energy Waivers.
How to Order with Stimulus Funds
ARRA Reporting Requirements
Green Initiatives and ARRA
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides funding for a variety of green projects and programs. Grainger's Green Resource Center can help you identify the products you need to take advantage of the Stimulus opportunities.
- Don't think you're eligible for the Stimulus Bill? You may be surprised. Check out tax incentives that can help you reduce your energy consumption.
Safety and ARRA
- OSHA will be conducting careful inspections on ARRA related projects. Check out the Safety Resource Center to make sure you're ready. "OSHA will implement a multi-tiered enforcement program to assure worker protection on ARRA-related projects. Through the development and implementation of emphasis programs, OSHA will direct enforcement efforts to stimulus package-related construction, infrastructure, and green energy projects, as well as to industries in manufacturing that support those projects." Source: www.osha.gov/dts/recovery
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are you providing me with Country of Origin information?
To help you comply with the unique Buy American requirements in Section 1605 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and FAR Subpart 25.6
- How do Buy American and the Trade Agreement Acts fit into the ARRA reporting requirements?
Both the Office of Management and Budget regulations and the Federal Acquisition Regulations have requirements related to Buy American. For more information, see,www.recovery.gov
- Do I need to report how I spend ARRA funds?
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and FAR have issued reporting guidance that can be found online. For example refer to OMB's guidance from June 22, 2009.
- Why is Grainger taking these steps?
In order for Grainger to comply with the ARRA reporting requirements and to help you be compliant, Grainger needs to know which orders are using Stimulus funds so we can both meet the reporting requirements; Grainger will be able to provide you with the information that you may need to meet your ARRA reporting requirements once an order is identified as ARRA. Similarly, Grainger is providing you with country of origin information to help you determine which products meet the needs of your specific ARRA projects.